Morning everyone and happy Saturday! Is anyone else so happy it’s the weekend? 🙌🤩
For this week’s Five Minutes with… I’ve been chatting to the lovely Rachael O’Connor.
The Drumsurn beauty shot to fame in 2014 as she appeared on The Voice working alongside Kylie Minouge. Following that, she made another appearance on our small screens in E4’s Stage School in 2016.
As well as touring the world with Lord of the Dance, which I would highly recommend to anyone after seeing her perform in Australia, she is now working on her own music and I am certain she is set for stardom.
In between all this, she still manages to fill her Instagram with amazing outfit posts and serious girl crush goals, so have a read at what she has to say about her own personal style.
1. Tell us a wee bit about what you’re working on at the min?
I’m working on my EP at the minute so I’ve been in the studio working with loads of producers. I also do a few tours with Lord of the Dance and I’m so excited to be in Derry this weekend!
2. What are the biggest style tips you’ve learned from working on TV etc over the years?
I’ve learned a few but I think the main one is to not dress older than I am. Keep it fun, young and simple.
3. Who would your style icon be and where do you look for outfit inspiration?
I have so many favourites. I love Dua Lipa and Haile Steinfeld, I look to them for sage outfit ideas. But I always just look on my Instagram explore page for outfit inspo.
4. What are some of your favourite shops?
I have so many but ASOS, Zara, Pretty Little Thing, Nasty Gal, H&M, the list could go on lol
5. Are you a fan of accessories or do you like to let the clothes do the talking?
I love a good accessorie. I don’t like to clutter an outfit by a cool hat or scarf can change an outfit completely. I love layered necklaces too.
6. Shoes or bags?
7. Who are some of your favourite fashion bloggers?
Negin Mirsalehi, Lissy Roddy, Misha Gianelli, Kirsty Green, Sarah Ashcroft…there’s so many!
8. What’s your favourite/least favourite trends at the minute?
I’m loving the baker boy and beret hat trend at the minute, they spice up every outfit.
Least favourite trend has to be jogging bottoms with a stiletto boot. I’ve seen celebrities wear it and it looks cool but I think high street remakes make it look a bit tacky.
9. What’s your worst fashion faux-pas from over the years?
Omg I have so many! One time I wore black sequin shorts with suspenders tights and nude shoes.. I literally thought I was slaying life hahahahaha!
10. What would your style tips be to anyone in a fashion rut?
I would say before you buy anything new, clear out your wardrobe and tidy it up. You’ll be surprised at the pieces you find and the things you forgot you had.
Check out Rachael on Instagram! Her username is @_rachoc and you can find a link to her music in her bio!